Secretary for the Class of 2018

Recently I ran for secretary of the class of 2018, unopposed (must be because people were too scared to run against me, ha) and won! I am so excited to be secretary because I want to be able to contribute to the class of 2018 and make a lasting mark here at Nichols College. The other officers and I are ready to see this year come to an end and to start next year with a bang!

I disliked not knowing what was going on with my class and felt as though running for class secretary was probably the best idea so that I could be involved in all decisions as well as keep my class updated. Knowing that I can help make a difference for the class of 2018 is exhilarating.

In high school, I never ran for class officer or got involved with student government, so this is a big step for me. I have watched both of my brothers excel in being an officer for SGA and wanted to do the same. I learned from listening to my brothers that I should always take notes and be open to ideas from my peers. Listening is one of my greatest qualities, and I know I will be a fabulous secretary because of it.

Our last event as freshmen will be held on May 1. We are having a class social in the Fels Main Lounge for freshmen only! We will have a slideshow of photos sent in from anyone and everyone in our class to reminisce about freshman year. We will also have games and food. Come dressed in your best red, white and blue as that is the theme. The social will begin at 8:00 p.m. and will end at 10:00 p.m.

Calling all freshmen: make sure you come and celebrate the end of your first year as a Bison with your fellow classmates! The party is also a kick off for the dreaded finals week and a way for everyone to relax. We want the class of 2018 to be a close-knit group so we can continue to have more fun and exciting events together.

I want to thank everyone who voted for me. I am so excited to be a part of the class of 2018 board and cannot wait to work with my fellow officers. We are already starting to plan future events because there is no time to wait! The class of 2018 will leave Nichols College legendary if my peers continue to vote for me.